Re: BTZS tubes

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 02/03/01-09:53:09 PM Z

Richard Knoppow wrote:

> I use Unidrums and a Bessler drum for large format negatives. I have a
>reversing Unidrum roller. They do a good job but I discovered I was getting
>bromide streaks at very dense highlights on either side in the direction or
>rotation. Evidently there is not enough turbulence to move the developer
>sideways, so the reaction products keep being swept back and forth along
>the same path. The cure is to agitate the drum sideways occasionally, or to
>roll it manually with some irregularity.

When using the drum on a motor base I agitate sideways vigorously once
every 2-3 minutes and have not seen any sign of bromide drag.

I have some questions about bromide drag. Is it worse with certain
developers or classes of developers and/or is it affected by dilution, or
is it caused uniquely by the type of agitation?

Sandy King