Re: crosss processing Kodak T400-CN

tonyascrizzi@juno.com
Date: 02/05/01-02:58:51 PM Z

On Mon, 05 Feb 2001 11:17:10 -0700 "Christina Z. Anderson"
<tracez@mcn.net> writes:
> Someone on this list quite a while back talked about their favorite
> cross processing films, and said they shot Kodak T400 CN film at 250
and
> pushed it one stop in E-6. I did so (film is at lab now) and the lab
owner
> said that when he tried to do this film it did not work; it was either
a murky
> green or clear green result. Anyone else find this to be true, and are

> there any special instructions I need to know about running it through
E-6? I
> told him to chance it anyway, but he won't do it for a several hours,
so
> if there is something I need to know, write ASAP.
> Chris

Chris, I am doing the opposite, I am using E-6 film and processing it in
C-41. The reason is that I have LOTS of E-6 film from the early eighties
when I did only E-6 photography and processing. I have had it stored in
the freezer it is still good and produces nice slides. Now I mainly do
prints and use my computer to generate slides. So I was trying to polish
my method for getting good color negatives from this film. My research is
now complete as I am now quite pleased with the results I am getting. My
experience with C-41 film in E-6 was not good either.

Tony Ascrizzi - Electric Vehicle Systems
34 Paine St.
Worcester, MA 01605 (508) 799-5650
Web Page -->http://ElectricVehicleSystems.com
President -->New England Electric Auto Association
http://www.eaaev.org/neeaa