Re: Pictorico size and source (from Dan)

From: Luc Novovitch (luc@overland.net)
Date: 02/06/01-05:57:49 PM Z

on 2/6/01 16:35, FDanB@aol.com at FDanB@aol.com wrote:

> And a heads-up for purchasers of the letter-size of Pictorico OHP film. I
> got a bad batch that would exhibit pin holes in areas of D-max when
> printed with the Piezography Quadtone pigments. These pin holes resulted
> in black specks in highlights. The bad batch number (stamped on the
> Pictorico package) is 8HA93. Though this lot may work just fine for
> dye-based printing, it blows for pigments. This is the first bad lot I've
> come across with this fine product.

Dan,
I trust your expertise and knowledge, but did you check with Pictorico that
it is effectively a bad batch? May it be that some packs may have 'suffer'
during shipping or whatever or storage?
I just got off the phone with Pictorico, and have to wait until tmw for
their answer when someone from the customer service can be reached. I just
got an order of the same batch as yours....
Will post what they say.

/ln

--
mailto:luc@overland.net