Re: off topic/big Transparancy

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 02/11/01-04:48:45 PM Z

>>one of the things on my list to try for inkjet negatives is
>>duratrans -- if that material can be bought WITHOUT the silver on it?
It
>>looks kind of frosty, as if it MIGHT take ink ???

Contact Eastman Kodak. I doubt it is suitable, though. My experience with
Duratrans Materials tell me that if the base is available separately, it
might not be suitably coated and therefore, probably will not take any
coating you want to apply such as Ink from a printer.

Try Dupont. they make a wide variety of materials, clear and opaque, that
can be had with a coating that might accept inks. In fact, Dupont makes
a film specifically designed for specialized customer coating because of
the gel coating.