Re: Just Pictorialism, without Steiglitz and the NY times

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 02/13/01-10:25:19 AM Z

Sarah Van Keuren wrote:

>Don't you think that #1 is absent from the contemporary scene except on the
>commercially co-opted fringes? The others are present, I think.

Perhaps my response just posted in reply to Judy will clarify what I meant
by the picturesque.

>>What if not Neo-Pictorialism
>> are we to call the photograhs of Ed Freeman, featured on pp. 42-49 of the
>> October/November 1999 issue of Camera Arts. How if not pictorial are we to
>> label the cyanotype images featured in the article by Ken Boyd and Heathe
>> Kyatt in the January/February issue of View Camera?
>
>I missed seeing Ed Freeman's work.

In the article there was a web page for his images, www.edfreeman.com. I
looked at his work back when the article came out but have not checked to
see if the link is still active. The article was called "Cyberscape Nudes."

Sandy King