Re: UV exposure units

From: Tod Gangler (artandsoul@mindspring.com)
Date: 02/22/01-12:33:17 PM Z

Dear Patrick,

I have had excellent results using an Olec Lightsource with light
integrator. Their reflectors are of very high quality, and provide an
extremely even light over a large area. I use mine with an Olec lamp that
is optimized for photopolymer use, and it is very efficient for alt photo
processes requiring a high-UV lightsource. My lightsource is hung from the
ceiling, over a separate vacuum frame. Olec makes a variety of different
lightsources that produce different amounts of light, from 110v to 220v.

I purchased a NuArc NuVac vacuum easel because of its superior ability to
contact negatives made with stochastic screening with very small dots. It
can be difficult to get good contact when printing this kind of neg with
some brands of vacuum easels. The NuVac unit uses a different kind of
bladder design, and it has a second pressure pump in addition to the vacuum
pump. This easel makes great contact on negatives made with 14 micron
stochastic spots.

Both of these pieces of equipment probably cost a bit above average. Check
with local graphic arts dealers for used equipment listings in your area.

Best wishes,

Tod Gangler
Art & Soul
Seattle, WA