Ri:Re: what is the best Plexiglas?

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 02/23/01-03:43:45 AM Z

> I have fluorescent ceiling light over computer MANY hours a
> day, at press time maybe 16 or so -- a small painting in this light for,
> probably 25 years... hasn't faded that I NOTICED, and not under glass.

> Judy

Did you cut a piece of that painting before exposing it, and placed it in safe place? Only in this case you can be sure...
I would like to remember that not only UV can damage organic pigments (mineral ones are instead very stable) and their binders, but also ozone and nitrogen oxides. Their Indoor sources are ... the open windows for the former, and unvented gas flames (as for cooking) for the latter.

Alberto