RE: mordancage + peroxide

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/25/01-06:21:51 PM Z

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Eric Boutilier-Brown wrote:

> There seems to be only scant information on-line about the mordancage
> process. Is it under copyright, or just so recently developed that few
> people are doing it? One of the sites I have found referring to it makes
> reference to the explosive (?) nature of 30% hydrogen peroxide - anybody
> know anything more about this chemical?

Try Clerc... (as I recall). It's in the old lit & I will reprint when I
can get to those files... Tho I think it's also in the alt-photo archive.
Search for ..... "mordancage" ! (I'm pretty sure I put formula on myself,
also Peter Marshall did, possibly different version -- among others.)

Meanwhile, I have a bottle of (expensive) 30% hydrogen peroxide sitting on
the shelf these 20 years -- probably dead by now -- because process worked
fine & dandy with regular 3% from drugstore, 59 cents per pint. Just
increase ratio to water.

Judy