Re: mordancage + peroxide

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 06/25/01-07:17:26 PM Z

>>One of the sites I have found referring to it makes
> reference to the explosive (?) nature of 30% hydrogen peroxide -
anybody
> know anything more about this chemical?

Yup. 30% Hydrogen Peroxide can be hard to come by. It reacts explosively
with several metals. Infarct, there was a racer here in Utah that used
Peroxide in his Jet Go-Cart. It was also used in Bell's Jet-Packs. Liquid
gas -nitrogen as I recall, was used to push the peroxide into a chamber,
through a silver screen. The screen is coated. As the peroxide comes into
contact with the silver screen, there is an immediate and violent
reaction, producing water vapor that provides the thrust.

It is a strong oxidizer and very corrosive.

Bob