Re: !!!!!!!!!!! PEROXIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 02/27/01-07:11:01 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:
> ... I have kept drugstore peroxide on the shelf opened &
> unopened for years & it always worked fine. This is NOT rocket science.
> The bleach bath is NOT done by minums or moles or drops... ...

And it may work fine this way as a bleach bath, especially where results
are controlled by eye anyway. However, hydrogen peroxide is also
sometimes used as a contrast agent with some alt-process coatings, and
in this use accurate knowledge of the solution strength is required for
consistent results.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/