Piezography, was: First kallitype

From: Larry Roohr (lrryr@home.com)
Date: 01/01/01-10:00:18 AM Z

Peter,

I've been printing Piezography for several months now and I agree with your
observations, I love this system, the prints are beautiful. I ended up here
after looking for a way to make inkjet negatives for ziatypes. The longevity
seems to depend on paper choice more than anything and certainly doesn't
compare to platinum/palladium. The inks are carbon based pigments (not dyes)
so a lot of data thats out there on pigment ink longevity applies. I'm
hopeful that someday a transparency material will appear that has density
and will hold a linear scale without extreme movements, in which case I'll
make piezo's along with zia's. In the mean time I've become proficient
enough with photoshop that I'm hooked, there's no looking back for me now.

I've offered up a print for swap with anyone who wishes to, so if your
curious and wish to swap drop me a note. This is possible because it takes
me 3 minutes to make a print and I do it while I'm reading my email <g>.
The image is (yet another) corn lillie at:
http://members.home.net/lrryr/cornlilliedisplay.jpg . I can go up to a 12x18
image on 13x19 paper.

Larry