Re: Exposure unit

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 01/04/01-11:29:15 PM Z

Dave Rose wrote:
> ... If you're handy with power tools, or have a
> friend who is, you might consider the 'home-made' approach that I used:
>
> ... Cut a sheet of
> masonite 'pegboard' material to the same size. ...

An excellent description for a vacuum frame. However I would caution to
investigate the size of the holes contacting the paper. Large enough
holes and a strong vacuum may cause the paper to dimple at the site of
the hole causing a loss of contact between paper and negative at that
small area. This is more of a problem with thinner papers.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/