Re: Splicing Software

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/05/01-08:13:11 AM Z

Sandy,

If you have PhotoShop, you can do your splicing with its standard tools,
and you'll need PShop to create your output. The powerbook's screen will
be a problem for delicate work, and you'll need a mouse instead of the
touchpad to keep from going nuts on the fine detail work. The main
problem with splicing is making sure that the sections of your scan are
perfectly matched for orientation and size. This is dependent on how
perfectly you place the sections (think registration) and how accurate
the scanner's mechanical, hardware, systems are from scan to scan.
Dedicated splicing hardware may eliminate some steps in the procedure,
but will still be dependent on the above input issues.---Carl

--
Website with online galleries and workshop information at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/