Re: Pinhole Question?

From: John Edwards (edw1@azstarnet.com)
Date: 01/06/01-07:18:05 PM Z

SAMET2@aol.com wrote:

> He is somewhat knowledgeable about these things and suggested
> that the size of the pin hole is directly related to angle of view. Is that
> true and if so how does that work?
> Thanks
> Sam

Hi, Sam - I'm a newcomer also.
  No, as I understand it, all the calculations and image sizes are based on
straight-line geometry through the pinhole. The hole size determines other
things, like resolving power. But the closer the film is to the pinhole, the
wider the angle. Eric Renner's book on pinhole photography is the best I've seen.
I'm hoping to produce large negatives or prints by the pinhole route for
alternative printing.
   - John Edwards, Tucson