Re: Aluminium Sheets

From: Christina Z. Anderson (tracez@mcn.net)
Date: 01/07/01-06:11:16 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: <FotoDave@aol.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 10:43 AM
Subject: Aluminium Sheets

> From time to time we talk about mounting prints to aluminium sheets. Where
> can I buy those sheets? I went to Home Depot and HQ but couldn't find any.
> like it to have some rigidity.
>
> TIA for any information.
>
> Dave S

Found mine in the phonebook yellowpages under Metal Fabricators; it was a
metal shop that had a plasma (?) cutter. He had to order the sheet of metal
in; it was 4x10; then I gave him my specs for cutting it a la 8 x 10, 16
x20, etc. All the edges are squared up and not sharp, but will have to sand
it to give it tooth as per Rush's recommendations that I posted to this list
several weeks ago. Oh, the price was really reasonable; for the cutting and
sheet and stuff it was a total of $75 and I got a lot of dif sizes. Will
mount photographs on it and also do liquid emulsion.I'll post to the group
as soon as my head stops spinning from being out of town for 2 1/2 wks. and
I can get back in the darkroom to prepare class samples for my experimental
photography class this semester.
Chris