UV Bulbs for pt/pd

valerie_matthews@notes.teradyne.com
Date: 01/22/01-10:04:23 AM Z

The couple of Home Depots that I went to (several times in building my
vacuum frame and exposure unit!) do not have the BLs, they only
have the BLB's.

However, www.bulbs.com has them for only $8.78 each, and is discounted
further if you buy more. Shipping is reasonable and they are located
in Worcester, MA, so you can even pick them up if you are in the Boston
area. I have not purchased from them yet, but I will be doing so this
week.
http://www.bulbs.com/products/product_detail.asp?page=products&inventory=8099

In total, my exposure unit which is 26"x30" and the vacuum easel which will
hold a 24"x24" piece of paper cost me about $400 including the cost of the
bulbs. Now I just need some negatives :-)

I'll second the Dan Burkholder book. It can be quite technical, but his
sense of humor makes it a little easier to get through the material. I
took a workshop with him last year and he had me and the group laughing so
hard, that I'd nearly be crying. The workshop is something that I will
value for a very long time. I should be making my first pt/pd print this
weekend!

Val