POP paper from regular photo paper

From: Christina Z. Anderson (tracez@mcn.net)
Date: 01/22/01-12:13:16 PM Z

Randall Webb, you posted a while ago that you can make any old paper a POP
by just exposing it in a contact frame as you would a POP paper, and not
developing it, but having it go straight into the fix. Questions: about
how long does this take to "print out"? Are all papers equally
interchangeable--e.g. Ilford MGIV would work well? Do all papers turn that
amber color as in your book Spirit of Salts (which I have)? Any other
advice? I will be sharing this tidbit with students next week, along with
paper negatives, xerox transfers, and lazertran.
Chris