Re: Gum arabic with Cyanotype emulsion

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/24/01-12:06:50 AM Z

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Don Bryant wrote:

> All,
>
> I noticed a note a alt proces source that mentioned using a drop or two of
> gum arabic in the emulsion mix for cyanotype printing. Does this help
> coating the paper? What is the benefit as far as the look of the print? Does
> anyone use this technique?

I've learned not to generalize from the particular in anything alt (tho
sometimes in life?) -- however I did try a cyanotype formula with gum
arabic addedfrom some "expert" book or other.

Feh !!

It might help if some other conditions are lousy, sort of even things out.
Or let's say, it MAY have done something for someone sometime -- tho the
first cause lost in the mists of time, as far as I can tell...

Judy