Re: coating cyano

From: Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Date: 01/26/01-12:56:47 AM Z

Don, have you tried a "puddle pusher"? These are glass rods/tubes with a
handle and you "push" a line of chemicals up and then back over your paper.
They only work on reasonably smooth papers.

I teach an occasional alt class, and find that a lot of folks love them.
Me, I prefer a soft brush (except for gum were a foam brush is better). But
if you unhappy with your results give the "pusher" a try. The list's own
Bostick and Sullivan sell nice premade ones.

I found the Ware method nothing but trouble. By either varying the amount
of "classic" A to B or double coating the paper I could get a very similar
"look" to the ware without all the clearing issues.

--
Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com