Re: desktop negatives

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 01/28/01-11:42:26 AM Z

Jeffrey,

lots of scanners scan in 16 bit, which helps, and Photoshop 6.0 lets you do
more functions while still in 16 bit, even sharpening, however I usually
don't sharpen files until I print, because I may print the same file at
different sizes....

Is the posterization you are referring to a result of the "orange" negative,
or are you talking about the conversion to 8 bit and subsequent actions
giving a "comb like" histogram that would give you posterization?

Mark Nelson

In a message dated 1/28/01 8:54:37 AM, jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net