Re: Members are SO RUDE or ARE THEY?

From: Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Date: 07/03/01-10:54:22 AM Z

One of my favorite topics.

There are so many subscribers that are young, of non English speaking
origins, and of non English speaking locations; which makes the key to this
discussion that of tolerance.

After enduring uncountable arguments about the rude French, even from native
born French friends of mine, I simply lost perspective. Then, after an
extensive study of Ballet notation, I learned the Ballet steps, or Ballet
movements are simply movements of the body in dance exprssed in the French
language.

In order to advance to a form of lisence in this notation method (Benesh
Notation) it was my duty to attend coreographer's classes, and while
notation exercising by sampling all different coreographers methods it
dawned on my what caused the French ire.

Use or misuse of the French language can cause expressions that are abrasive
and down right caustic. On two occasions I had to leave the room because of
the wretched misunderstanding of this tool, this asset of such a
sophistocated cultural asset.

Since then 1) I fully understood the rude French attitudes while not
excusing them and 2) adapted some tolerance of my own.

Story #2 ... well, another time, perhaps.

Steve Shapiro, Carmel, CA

Happy 4th of July! y'all.