Re: alternative film maker (Maya Deren)

From: Rosae Reeder (erzolisae40@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/06/01-01:10:31 PM Z

She also wrote a book entitled "The Divine Horsemen" She was apparently the
only women "white woman" who was welcomed into the Petro sect of the Voudoun
(voodoo) religion. She went to Haiti to film and research Dance and became
entwined and enthralled with the culture and beauty of that religion. It's
a great book. Sorry she caused such problems for you Judy. I took this
course in Undergrad entitled "African Carribean Religion" and my professor
was very good friends with her which might be why he required we read her
book. It is one of my faves though.
Rosae