Re: keeping on topic

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/10/01-02:38:02 PM Z

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Jeffrey D. Mathias wrote:

> George Huczek wrote:
> > If ink-jet is off topic, then perhaps bromoil is as well, because it is
> > initiated by conventional silver printing ...
>
> It would be hard to argue that a bromoil print is not inherently
> integrated with a photosensitivity.
>
> > It's all about image-making.
>
> No, it's about alt-photo.

Seems to me it's about rule making -- and lots of luck. Making rules along
those lines on a good list (which this is) is like herding cats. Unless of
course you're the list owner... tho Gord knows better than stuff like
that. Read his Monday reminder.

I've also noticed that even without instructions, just from its own good
sense, the list has had very productive discussion of using inkjet for
negatives, and little digression into inkjet per se -- but since inkjet is
largely photographic there's no special harm in that either. Occasionally.
For those who want the full monte, try the Epson list. Oh my. A maelstrom!

Judy