Re: helios & other pigment info

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/14/01-01:27:07 PM Z

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Katharine Thayer wrote:

... another illustration of the
> variability of observation across gum printers, which as Judy rightly
> says is dependent on the combination of materials, equipment etc we each
> choose, plus even differences in how much coating mixture we carry on
> the brush and how we wield it.

Which brings to mind fact that in days when I used to print a 21-step next
to or at same time as the print, I often found mystifyingly different
results in staining & flaking. Finally realized I was applying differently
-- sometimes scrubbing the "test" to eke out emulsion, sometimes the
print. The 21-step in particular, because area was small, often got
applied more generously & freely... hence stained less, flaked more.

Judy