Re: rechargeable batteries

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 07/19/01-01:14:46 PM Z

> So what happens when you go out with only one roll of film expecting to
> do
> some casual shooting and you happen upon a grand scene? The same with
> batteries, you carry spares and if it is really important, spares for
> the
> spares. Just like film management, batteries need to be managed also.
> You
> don't need to carry 100 rolls of film for a days shooting. Just like
> any
> professional you go out prepared and do not rely on thinking that you
> might
> make it through the shoot. Rechargeables are relatively cheap, so
> carry a
> couple of charged spares. This is not Utopia, this is the real world
> and
> there are always trade offs and compromises. Starting out pessimistic
> is
> wasteful of your energies. I prefer to be realistic and prepared.
>

> GM

Exactly. I ran out of batteries the first time I used a digital camera,
and it taught me to carry spares. So batteries are not really a problem,
although lithium ones are not cheap.

Peter Marshall
petermarshall@cix.co.uk +44 (0)1784 456474
31 Budebury Rd, STAINES, Middx, TW18 2AZ, UK
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/
The Buildings of London etc: http://londonphotographs.co.uk/
Also on Fixing Shadows: http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
and elsewhere......