HP5 and fog

From: Joe Portale (jportale@gci-net.com)
Date: 07/19/01-09:13:09 PM Z

Has anyone successfully tamed the high base fog level of HP5? I have tried
many times to develop this film with conventional developers and found the
fog level bothersome. All it does is muddy up the neg and extend printing
times. I am working on a project and would prefer to use this film without
resorting to a pyro based developer. The addition of restrainers merely slow
down the development and drops the films EI. I am looking for a formula or
developer recommendation that will give some clear no/low dichroic fog after
some pretty long development times.

many thanks,

Joe