Re: A couple gum questions...

From: Dave Rose (photo@wir.net)
Date: 07/19/01-10:09:18 PM Z

Hello Sam,

Actually I do own the book. But I wasn't even thinking of the book, nor did
I make the connection (your name from email & your article in the book) when
I posted my response as copied below. I've done cyanotype/gum many times
over the past 10 years, including use of cyanotype in three-color work, in a
fashion similar to what you describe in your article. My posting was not
intended to educate you (which hardly needs to be done), but was merely
tossing out a suggestion for the group, especially those who've never tried
cyanotype/gum combination printing.

It is a great effect. I've had especially nice results printing 'warm' gum
layers, e.g. burnt sienna & raw umber, on top of cyanotype.

Best regards,
Dave in Wyoming