Re: HP5 and fog

From: christine (christine@napc.com)
Date: 07/20/01-07:37:56 AM Z

Dave Rose wrote:

> This may be a silly question, but is the film fresh? I've used HP5 for many
> years. If stored at room temperature, it will acquire increasing levels of
> base fog over time.
>
> I've had very good results using D76 with tray development.
>
> Dave in Wyoming
>
> > Has anyone successfully tamed the high base fog level of HP5? I have
> tried
> > many times to develop this film with conventional developers and found the
> > fog level bothersome.

That's interesting. I tried HP5 a couple of times a while ago and was
disappointed with the results. At the time, I felt the film was strangely flat
and lacking punch. Maybe what I was actually seeing was an uncreased base fog
and didn't know it. The film was quite fresh. I went back to Kodak after
that.

-christine