Re: tray processing vs jobo

J123GIBSON@aol.com
Date: 07/20/01-03:19:48 PM Z

>Sandy King wrote:

>Also, when developing film on motor bases like the >Beseler or Unicolor bases you should remove the tube >from the motor every couple of minutes and give it >about 10-15 seconds of up and down agitation, >otherwise the constant agitation fore and aft will >cause bromide drag.

Sandy,

Perhaps this has been discussed earlier. Can you explain what bromide drag is? I use a Jobo CPP-2 which rotates in one direction about 1 and a half turns, then stops and rotates in the other direction about 1 and a half turns and repeats the cycle. Would this action help to eliminate bromide drag? I don't think I have ever had a problem with a negative that would have been
related to something like bromide drag. But I would like to understand the issue better.

Jim