Re: tray processing vs jobo

From: Rocky (rocky@pdq.net)
Date: 07/20/01-04:14:23 PM Z

Much discussed but, my 2 cents.

My situation is similar to yours in many ways.
I get a rosy red rash when I get too much Metol.
In Houston the problem is too hot. Jobo bath raises temperature - right?
Not much advantage here.
You may wish to consider an old used Unicolor Drum (with ribbed interior)
with a Bessler Motor Base. The 11x14 drum will process 2-8x10s. The 8x10
drum only holds 1 and I find because it's diameter is smaller then the
11x14, it rotates too fast and the development is too aggressive.
Try Houston Camera Exchange, Camera Co-Op are other used photo shops.
It is my method. Inexpensive and works pretty good.

Rocky
Houston