Re: making casein

From: Rosae Reeder (erzolisae40@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/25/01-07:37:24 AM Z

I make sure that I use a jar with a tight fitting lid. Salsa Jars or
Applesauce Jars are best because they have some rubber inside the lid which
aids in keeping air out. I store the unused portion in the fridge. I have
kept some for over a week (about 10 days) after that the proteins become
very loose and "soupy" so I prefer to make a new batch.

I have used some "old" casein mixture and the results do not vary much. it
just depends on what I am trying to acheive.

Rosae