Ri:Re: Online Gum Chemistry Suppliers

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 07/27/01-04:47:56 AM Z

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:24:34 -0400 (EDT) Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
> writes:
> > However, please be advised -- INCHES are more convenient for many
> > functions than centimeters. Really.
> >
> > Judy
> >

> Our Fahrenheit scale is more than twice as precise with 212 divisions vs.
> their 100, but measuring fluids in mL is easier. The nice thing about
> standards, is that there are so many to choose from.
>

> Tony Ascrizzi

I would not to start an off-topic discussion here...
The principal problem is not the convenience or easiness in measuring, but the uniformity in referring to a property (weight, volume, temperature...), avoiding conversions as much as possible.
The precision of a thermometer is dependent on its graduated scale, and when needed there are also decimal graduation...

Alberto