RE: BL bulbs that usually has a problem "coming alive

From: Keith Gerling (kgerling@ameritech.net)
Date: 06/20/01-02:39:29 PM Z

Well, I must have been suffering from a braincramp at the time I built my
lightbank, because I honestly thought I was being instructed (by some lost
source) to put a sheet of aluminum foil between the fixtures and the plywood
that holds them. In any event, after reading the posts by Kerik (and
others) I saw the light and inserted a piece of foil directly above my
tubes. While still not lighting immediately, they need only a brief swish
from another piece of foil to bring them alive. Best of all, after they are
warm they all DO light immediately when the timer is reset. Perhaps during
a period of downtime I'll give Ken's advice a try and reverse some of the
fixtures.

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions.

Keith