Re: Dan answers the where-to-buy-book question

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 06/21/01-07:09:01 PM Z

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 FDanB@aol.com wrote:

> Jeffrey Mathias said in his message...
>
> >There is a world of difference between a Writer and a writer
> >of information. It cannot be too soon enough that information is
> >available for the asking.
> >If he wants to make a buck on his book,
> >fine. I just hope he can keep the focus of his efforts to his
> >photography.
>
> Now how do I properly respond to comments that subtlety suggest that one
> is less than generous if they actually charge for their
> effort/knowledge/talent etc?

Dan, don't even attempt to respond to such and infantile notion. Of course
when the good tax payers set up a foundation to support all those whose
information they want free, the intellectual sweat of whose brow they
think they should get for a mouse click.... or when the National Endowment
for the Humanities grants them all a yearly stipend -- let's say a lot of
bookstores will go out of business. Including Amazon.com.

Of course they'll also have to provide funds for printing, binding and
shipping, which is not cheap. Unless we're doing away with print
entirely???? Not to worry, there will still be a market for porn. Nobody
expects that to be given away free.

Judy

I guess I'll somewhat clumsily declare that