Re: Congratulations to Dick for RPS Announcement

Smieglitz@aol.com
Date: 06/22/01-10:34:55 AM Z

In a message dated 06/22/2001 11:23:35, kallitype@hotmail.com wrote:

<<Congratulations to Dick for this accomplishment. The entire crew at
Bostick
and Sullivan has always been a joy to work with....>>

Yes, Kudos Dick. A high five to you on this one.

And, "kallitype@hotmail.com", the key word above is "always". B&S as a
company and as individuals have ALWAYS been a joy to work with. I (and I'm
sure many others on this list) do not agree with your assessment of the
history of this list and, as a subscriber to the B&S board since its
inception, I do not recall the "questionable mean-spirited comments..." by
forum monitors you cite. If you'd care to enlighten me OFFLIST with specific
examples, I'll be happy to hear you out. But don't give a very talented,
helpful individual such as Dick Sullivan such a public backhanded compliment.
 The congratulatory message is in order and appropriate for this list, but
the rest of your post is better kept to a private exchange.

I wish Dick would contribute more to this list as he once did, but that is
because IMO he's ALWAYS been sincere, witty, knowledgable, friendly,
rational, caring and helpful.

Joe Smigiel (smieglitz@aol.com)

---

remainder of original post follows: <<Several years ago, when I first joined this list, Dick's wit and advice were a constant plus. But then something happened. Perhaps he joined with the "wrong crowd". In any event, he developed a mean streak and went too far out on a limb with some obviously personally biased shenanigans. At one time forum moderators at his own web list were posting questionable mean-spirited comments directed towards people prominent on THIS list. Hopefully, those times are behind us. I miss the OLD Dick Sillivan, and I hope he takes this proud occasion as an opportunity to return.>>