Re: Callie Type and Tripe

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 06/27/01-11:54:04 AM Z

Hi:

I got a personal note from Callie admitting to being both Callie Type and
Tripe. I believe she's also Sal Ted Peter as well.

To get an idea whether or not this person was the already subscribed to
the list and was simply using a hotmail account to be a bother I did a
comparison of IP numbers of all this months email messages.

Callie's IP ranges (199.179.xxx.xxx, and 204.141.xxx.xxx) matched Terry
King's and Keith Gerling's IP ranges.

No IP numbers matched exactly - this would be highly unlikely given that
an ISP will assign a slighlty different IP number for each session. I
can't definitely ID someone based on IP.

If Callie was someone already subscribed to the list it was likely one of
the above. If Callie Type was someone new to the list the match of IP
ranges with current members is just a coincidence.

If any net junkys with lots of spare time want to do more detective work
feel free, I'm dropping this for now.

Richard - I'd like to know more about the Terry King in Saskatoon.

Gord