Re: inkjet prints

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 06/27/01-11:19:52 PM Z

At 02:20 AM 06/28/2001 +0700, you wrote:
>With considerable trepidation I raise myself out of the hot tub long enought
>to make this comment:
>
>I seem to remember that the cause of the Epson 1270 fading was actually
>linked somhow to an exposure to ozone. So Dave, unless you are free of
>electrical storms, you might still be at risk! Seriously, the 2000P is an
>entirely different animal.
>
>Good luck!

 Long thread snipped. Ozone is very common in urban environments. It is
produced by auto exhaust, paint fumes, bruning any organic fuel, several
other sources. It affects both dyes and silver images along with some
pigments. Ozone generating so called air fresheners are taboo where
photographs on most media are displayed and also for statuary etc. You want
as little as possible.
  Wilhelf tests with ozone, peroxides, and other common atmospheric
polutants.
  His current home page indicates he is about to post new results which
will take into account a sort of receprocity failure with accelerated aging
tests. I can't make out from the limited information give whether this
means that actual expected life is longer or shorter than predicted by the
accelerated againg tests. I gather than the site is expected to be
constructed within a few days to a few weeks.

----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.
dickburk@ix.netcom.com