Re: Scanning Autochromes

From: Sam Wang (stwang@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 03/07/01-09:45:57 AM Z

Unless your scanner came with a transparency adapter, it is
difficult, though not impossible, to rig up your own light.

Instead I would use a digital camera to capture it. Even a cheap
camera with close-up lenses will do a better, quicker, job than
trying to scan it on a flatbed that does not have that feature. Just
make sure it is properly back-lit.

That is NOT to say that you can't use the flatbed as a camera plus
all kinds of additional lights for illumination. I have seen gorgeous
prints made from flowers captured exactly this way.

Hope this helps.

Sam Wang