Re: densitometer

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/08/01-08:31:48 PM Z

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Bob and Carla wrote:

> Since you are buying a used densitometer, I recommend that you evaluate the
> condition of each as a part of your decision process. Does it zero and function
> within tolerance? Some need to be "rebuilt" at the factory to be in tolerance
> and that can add expenses. The best one for you may be the one that is in best
> condition.

Hi Bob ! I'm pretty sure what Pass sells is "reconditioned." My dealings
with him were all very satisfactory. He's not cheap, but I'd trust him. If
the digital one ALSO does reflectance and color, however, and if digital
densitometers are now improved .... that could be worth the extra money...
tho somehow my experience with such has always been better with analog (as
noted, "analog woman").

We had discussion about scales today, a student describing the tricks
digital scale will do, zero balancing and like that... But I can weigh a
piece of paper before I put the chemical on it... and I don't like that
the digital is always blinking & changing its mind & half the time it's
doing one trick & you think it's doing another.

best,

Judy