Re: creating PDFs from Pagemaker...

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/10/01-02:17:47 AM Z

Christina & co.,

I haven't done it yet, but I looked up PDF and HTML in Pagemaker 6.5
manual. Of course that manual is a joke, a bad one... it uses terms you
never heard of in 89 years of doing pagemaker without defining them, and
no glossary ...

However, according to this "manual," all you need for the PDF (the Acrobat
distilling and so forth) came with Pagemaker. I have files so named in the
P-M folder anyway, which encourages me to hope so. Pagemaker cost
something like 700 dollars if bought new, not upgrade, so they should give
you the whole damn circus with it is my opinion (OK, we got clowns
already).

My understanding is that you can get web page format with HTML, with
hyperlinks, viewable on screen, etc. while this PDF is simply a
downloadable file. But it is apparently MUCH simpler. (Please.)
I gather from what Stefan says that he runs a version that's closer to
what HTML does... (Like mac & PC getting more like ???)

best,

Judy