Re: Cutting up magazines and the beasts

From: Randall Webb (randall.webb@lineone.net)
Date: 03/10/01-09:59:22 PM Z

On the subject of books, a friend of mine from Kansas once told me the
easist way to remove a page from a library book in a library without the
librarian noticing it.
You take with you a length of string and chew it until it it is wet and
soggy. Then place it between the pages and close the book firmly. The wet
string softens the fibres of the paper and the page can be removed silently.
And a piece of soggy string can't be described as an offensive weapon (sorry
Judy!!!!)
My friend from Kansas also said there aren't many books in Kansas which I
regard as a gross libel. Anyway he was an art critic so what do you expect?
I originally intended to put the page tearing thing in "Spirits of Salts"
but Martin Reed said it might incite our readers to commit illegal acts. At
that time we didn't know much about Judy Seigel. ( Whoops! sorry again
Judy!) I think I'll quit while I'm still ahead.
Randall Webb