Re: FW: Still on Copyright

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 02/17/01-10:36:56 PM Z

What I meant is that you do not have to indicate a notice. As soon as you
create it, you are afforded some protection. However, if you end up in
court, having the work registered gives you a better chance of winning.

As for Napster, shutting them down stops nothing - it only gets more
people involved in creating similar sites. All you need to do is use code
letters or some sequence of numbers to identify a song. That way, it
becomes impossible to search for illegal music on servers. A simple code
key could be published to explain the number system on this or that site.
Napster might go away, but many more sites will take its place. No one
wins