Re: copyright copyleft

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 02/17/01-10:32:21 PM Z

>>>Maybe I should try to "copyleft" all the list messages, by that I mean
>>could copyright the list transactions under terms on the GNU General
>>Public License (GPL) see http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html .
>>
>>The basic idea of the GPL is to put a body of work into the public
domain,
>>with the added provision that anyone who redistributes that work with
or
>>without changes, must pass along the freedom to further copy and change
>>it.

Read the link information carefully. It says nothing about work other
than software, not photos or writing. My advice is this: Forget worrying
about mailing lists and anything you post. Consider what you post to be
free to whoever for whatever reason they want to use it. If you do not
want info widely distributed with the possibility of your post being even
more widely distributed, and without any hope of protection, DO NOT POST
IT.

Bob