Re: Real People

From: Callie Type (kallitype@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/11/01-01:07:17 PM Z

Jeffrey, Darryl, Nick, et al,

You all make valid points, but is any statement I make less valid because I
choose to use the name Callie Type? Had I chosen to use Jeffrey Baird or
something random out of the phonebook, would my thoughts be more respected?

If I decide to use my "real name", which one would you prefer that I use:

1) the name on my birth certificate
2) the name people called me when I married
3) the name I use when I publish poetry or write critical reviews
4) the name on my passport
5) the name I use when I file my taxes with the IRS

They are all different, none of them are used for illicit purposes (and thus
are legal, I think) and none of them are Callie.

So far, all that I have offered has been some thoughts concerning copyright.
  Had I used any other name would these thoughts have been any more exact,
true or honest. I haven't represented myself as an attorney, so my
thoughts, as well as those of Bob are just idle ramblings, like much of what
is distributed here, "real" name, or not.

Now, were I to offer some advice on printing using the kallitype process (of
which, I might add in a pompous flourish, I know more than ANY person I have
read) I would support myself with measurements, facts and figures. But even
then, I can't see how using any other signature would make my advice any
more valuable.