re: REALLY ?????

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/11/01-01:10:49 PM Z

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 bmaxey1@juno.com wrote:

> ... Let's face it, virtually all info that is posted to mailing
> lists is not worth worrying about, is publicly available information.

> ... most of the info is either common sense or available elsewhere.

> I read very little on mailing lists that has not been cross posted, or
> facts that are available from other sources, or are posted without much
> basis in fact, or are questions people want answers to and receive
> differing opinions about, and so forth. None of this is worth protecting

I find these claims very curious, Bob... If you mean them, clearly you
know much much more than I do. Or perhaps your perennial angry outlook
hurts your ability to receive -- and evaluate -- information. I myself
have gotten amazing amounts of good, often priceless information on this
list, much of it NOT available elsewhere, or not by my poor ignorant
fumbling efforts.

And, I believe I can say without undue boasting, I have contributed some
useful information as well, not cross-posted and not "common sense." Not
to mention that common sense can be useless: it doesn't apply in many of
the workings of our processes.

But, if you DO mean those judgements, other than as a stick to beat us
with ... then what in the world are you doing here?

Judy