Re: Kallitype Permanence (was Real People)

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 03/11/01-11:04:35 PM Z

At 10:38 AM 03/12/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Joe Portale wrote:

 Lots of previous stuff snipped.......
>What concerns me more than anything else is the amount of contradictory
>information one finds in the literature. One expert says develop for a
>minimum period of time, another says you need to develop for 6-10 minutes.
>One says clear for 2 minutes, another recommends 10-15 minutes. It would
>really be useful for experts like yourself and Callie Type to clarify some
>of the issues inherent in these contradictory recommendations.
>

>Regards,
>
>Sandy King

  I wonder if anyone on this list has the wherewithall to do simple
accelerated aging testing. The tests shold be similar to those for
conventional printing paper since the image is silver.
  Generally this is done by baking the samples in an atmosphere of hydrogen
peroxide in high humidity. I don't know the details but they should be
available. I believe there is an ISO standard for this testing.
  It also occurs to me that the same sort of toner treatments which protect
conventional silver images might work on Kallitypes. Has anyone tried
something like Kodak Brown Toner to see if its an effective toner for
Kallis?

----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.