Re: Kallitype Permanence (was Real People)

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/12/01-02:08:12 AM Z

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Callie Type wrote:
> 4) Repeated challenges on this list and elsewhere for any evidence,
> anecdotal or otherwise, to support the notion of vulnerability of kallitypes
> have resulted in only two tidbits that I'm aware of: a) Judy Seigel's print
> that slipped under her furniture (sorry, Judy, but isn't scientific, and I
> know you didn't intend it to be), and b) some supposed surmisals on the part

Actually Callie, it wasn't MY furniture, it was John Dugdale's. If it had
been MY furniture I assure you the entire print would have dissolved in a
moldering heap. And you're right, I didn't think it was scientific, though
it did give me pause ;;;; but I wonder if you could imagine anything that
might have caused it-- a straight line diagonally across the surface of
the print, about 1/4 inch wide, soft edges, all density gone !!!

As if perhaps the print had doubled up and that section touched
something... like.... what?

Judy