Re: FW: Still on Copyright

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 03/13/01-11:21:10 AM Z

In a message dated 3/11/01 2:37:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, bmaxey1@juno.com
writes:

<< Registration is mandatory if you want to bring a lawsuit.
 This is a simple fact of law. Yes, you are afforded protection as soon as
 the work is fixed, but you Can't bring a lawsuit if it is not legally
 registered. This is just the way it is.

Hi Bob,

I believe you can still bring a lawsuit even if your work is not registered,
but you will need more efforts to prove that you are the owner of the
copyright of the work. If you can prove it, that's fine without formal
registration.

If you have an important work, it is of course good to register it. But I
think the original copyright registration is more easily application to
authors. I think it is hard for a photographer to register each piece of
his/her work although there might be some who does that.

Dave S