Re: Poor man's densitometer

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 03/14/01-04:55:53 PM Z

> > Nor do I see that the judging of negatives has one single thing to do
with
> > being a creative artist, photographer, or even a good person. ...

On one hand, judging negatives is a part of good printing. Then there is
the "Creative" angle which some believe is separate from printing skill.
I do not think you can separate them entirely. Unless you misjudge a
negative and get a lousy print and call it creative, as opposed to
getting it right on all counts.

Once the negative is processed, little can be done to alter its content.
It is then up to the printer. You can have excellent negatives that are
"Creative" and terrible prints.

The best photographers I know that do their own printing manage both
sides.

By the way, being a good person often has little to do with being
creative, Judy. Lots of people many I know that others find less than
pleasurable are great artists in one form or another.

B.