Re: Cutting up magazines and the beasts

From: Randall Webb (randall.webb@lineone.net)
Date: 03/15/01-02:35:46 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: <bmaxey1@juno.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2001 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: Cutting up magazines and the beasts

> >>On the subject of books, a friend of mine from Kansas once told me the
> >>easiest way to remove a page from a library book in a library without
> the
> >>librarian noticing it.
> >>You take with you a length of string and chew it until it it is wet and
> >>soggy. Then place it between the pages and close the book firmly. The
> wet
> >>string softens the fibres of the paper and the page can be removed
> silently.
> >>And a piece of soggy string can't be described as an offensive weapon
> (sorry
> >>Judy!!!!)
>
> Perhaps I am a little sensitive, but why do we need to know this? I HATE
> those who deface library materials, and I think only the most
> contemptible people out there would even consider doing this. Just my
> STRONG opinion here, but I do not believe that we need to post info about
> how to do this. People on this list, I am SURE will try the technique now
> that they know how to do it.

I thought the crime was in the intention and not in the method of carrying
it out.
Anyway it's all Judy Seigel's fault. ( Whoops! I sound just like Terry
Seriously though folks, the image of JS skulking in public libraries with a
razor in her hand is somewhat surreal!! Or is it that the weed is getting to
me at last? Please don't treat that last bit as a confession. I shall deny
everything.Randall Webb.